ENROLLMENT POLICIES (subject to change)
Thank you for joining us in our mission to bring Spanish to our community's young learners! Learning a second language with PELP is not only a valuable and fun academic and cognitive exercise, but also fosters an awareness, appreciation, and respect for our own and other cultures that surround us.
To create a rich learning environment and to provide our students and families with the best programming possible, we have created the following policies…
- Withdrawal requests made 7 or more days before the first class will receive full refund minus $15 cancellation fee.
- Withdrawal requests made less than 7 days before the first class will receive a full credit good for 6 months or a 50% refund.
- Pro-rating is available only for classes without a wait list AND when exact dates of absence are provided at the time of registration (please mention this in the comments section of the registration form).
- No refunds or credits will be made after the first class.
- No refunds or credits will be made for missed classes.
- There are no refunds or credits for classes canceled due to inclement weather.
- We allow up to two(2) adults to attend per family. Additional adults may participate for an additional fee, space permitting. Please check with the Program Director or your individual teacher to determine if space permits.
- We offer a $10 discount for your second participating child. If your 2nd child falls within the following age range, s/he should be officially enrolled: Siblings 15mos - 4y,11mos attending our 18-36mos classes, and siblings 15mos-6yrs, 11mos attending our 2-5yr old classes.
SLiP CLASSES FOR PRESCHOOL & ELEMENTARY
We do NOT charge a registration fee! Upon registration, a spaced is reserved for your child for the entire school year (September to May), or other specified term, with the expectation that your child will participate for the full year/term. Seven days before the first class, we pay per child materials costs and rents for the full school year, and also guarantee our highly-trained teachers a set schedule and pay for the year. We truly appreciate your understanding that there are absolutely no exceptions to the following:
- Withdrawal requests made 7 or more days before the first class will receive full refund, minus a $35 processing fee.
- Withdrawal requests made prior to the 3rd class will receive a full refund, minus a $85 withdrawal fee.
- Withdrawal requests made after the 3rd class will receive a refund for 50% of the remaining classes.
- No refunds on the 1st of 2 payments will be made after December 1st.
- No refunds of any kind will be made after March 1st.
- No refunds or credits for missed classes.
- No refunds or credits for classes canceled due to unanticipated school closures, scheduling errors made by a participating school's administrative staff, or inclement weather.
We do NOT charge a registration fee! We run programs based on meeting a minimum enrollment 8 weeks prior to the start of the camp. At that time, we pay per child materials costs and rents, and also commit to paying our highly-trained teachers. We truly appreciate your understanding that there are absolutely no exceptions to the following:
- Withdrawal requests made more than 8 weeks (56 days) before the start of camp will receive a full refund minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- Withdrawal requests made between 4-8 weeks prior to the start of camp will receive a 50% refund.
- No credits or refunds will be made less than 28 days before camp starts.
- Requests after this will not be honored without documentation of a new medical condition or extreme family hardship.
FOR ALL PROGRAMS, CLASSES, CAMPS:
- There is a $30 insufficient funds or stop payment processing fee.
BY REGISTERING FOR A SPANISH LANGUAGE IN PLAY(SLIP) PROGRAM, THE PARENT AND/OR GUARDIAN AGREES TO:
- Release Portland Early Learning Project (PELP), Spanish Language in Play, LLC, (SLiP), Adventures in Spanish (AiS), its owners, employees, Instructors, and staff from all Liability for injury to his/her child from his/her child’s participation in the SLiP/AiS program.
- Allow Spanish Language in Play, LLC, Adventures in Spanish, PELP to use the name and/or likeness in photographs and/or video of his/her child for advertising, promotional, and teacher education purposes without compensation to his/her child or his/herself